Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Keep on Rollin'

After my two hiatus last week, it was SUPER important that I quick jump back on the bandwagon, as to not lose any momentum. I spent the last hour of work on Monday, mentally preparing myself to get home, eat dinner and then WALK, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk. As I shut down my computer at about 10 til 6:00pm and headed out to the parking garage, I was confronted with this...


The storm was rolling in. Thunder, lightning, and sideways rain! Not quite sure how I didn't hear or see this while in my building, but it looked horrendous. I drove home as quickly as possible, but with most of the drivers going a whopping 30 mph, it took a little longer than usual. The trip from my car to inside my house left me dripping wet from head to toe. Which is only about 15 feet. And the lovely weather proceeded to hold up for the next several hours. End result, no walk. :( That made three days in a row and I was starting to get a little perturbed. So perturbed in fact, that I managed to not get to sleep until 3:52am on the dot. 

That left Tuesday a blurry mess. I surprisingly shot out of bed at 7:00am all bright eyed and bushy tailed and made it through lunch with no problems. But 30 minutes after I got back, I was ready for bed. For the remainder of the day I was did everything I could just to stay awake, it was sad and miserable. You can imagine my enthusiasm of today being the day I had to start walking again. We ate a terribly delicious dinner of delivery pizza and then I literally dragged myself from the couch to my bedroom to change. It took a good 20 minutes to find my motivation and mostly it was found in my super cute socks. Aren't they cute!!! Hey, it's the small things.


Because of all the rain on Monday, it was so muggy outside. Disgusting, really. And not to mention I pretty much whined the whole time. Lucky Vance. But with his help, I made it through. It was even probably the longest walk I've done. And left me looking a little less than pretty. I glistened, and not the good, sexy kind.


All I can say is I did it. Not an hour after I got out of the shower, washing the ugly off, it started to pour again. Hopefully the rain showers are over with for a while, all though it's worked wonders for our yard.

Now onto my next little obstacle, this guy...


He's been starring at my for quite some time. I don't like the scale for all the obvious reasons, but the main one being is I don't want to become focused or obsessed with a number. My goal here is to be healthy and happy, not 100lbs and a size 0. At the same time, I want to be able to watch and track my progress. I know I have even begun to change my eating habits, but I know adding this cardio into my life has to be having some sort of impact, right. I mean to go from NO physical activity to walking for 45 minutes or longer, 5 times a week has to be making a change. Not sure what I'll decide and how often I'll decide to do it.

What do ya'll think. Any suggestions on the scale issue?

No comments:

Post a Comment