Thursday, June 6, 2013

It's Not THAT The Wind Is Blowing...

A co-worker of mine sent me an article about symptoms if Gluten intolerance. There was about 10 symptoms and I currently experience pretty much all if them. To be honest they are all regular symptoms and could be linked to anything, but the one that stood out was infertility. I don't talk much on this blog about our struggle with infertility, but we've been trying to get pregnant for almost two years now. All week I've been thinking about going gluten free for a couple of weeks to see how I feel. I know it's going to be extremely difficult. But I'm willing to try anything, right!? 

Tonight, after Vance's soccer game, we stopped off for a quick bite to eat. We shared a pizza and had a fried ravioli appetizer. All of which are jam packed with gluten. I started thinking, will I really be able to the this up? I mean, I want a family more than I want gluten, right! The thought alone made me queasy. I can't believe I am even questioning it. Even as I'm laying here typing this, I feel miserable having ate as much as I did and feel so bloated! Won't I feel better if I give this all up??? Not to mention I would almost force me to eat/prep at home, so we'd be saving money too. And how awesome would it be if we could get pregnant by simply changing my eating habits. It sounds like a win win to me, now I just wish I could follow through with it.

About this time is when I start looking at weight loss blogs and success stories and wonder why it can't be me? Why is this desire to be healthy such a huge hurdle? If working out and eating better will do nothing but help me, why am I so attached to my old habits? Because I'm lazy and because the effort is just too much. But us it worth feeling miserable, and tired and uncomfortable into own skin for the rest of my life? Do i want to spend the rest of my years wondering what living healthy would feel like?

Just a lot to think about. Anyone else gluten free or have tried gluten free to trial your intolerance?

No comments:

Post a Comment