Monday, June 10, 2013

Phase One, Day One

It feels like day one of a ship wreck! The first part of the day was a blur. Work was so busy I didn't get a chance to really complain about the banana and almond butter I had for breakfast or the cup of unsweetened almond milk. I didn't even flinch when I went to Chuys and declined the chips, salsa AND creamy jalapeƱo! Can you believe that!!!! I had a grilled chicken salad with olive oil and lemon as my dressing. No, pigs aren't flying...but they should be! My snack was a combo bowl of carrot sticks and an apple. The day didn't really hit until I was on my way home. I would have killed for a slice of pizza or a cheeseburger. Better yet, I needed something sweet and was a little nervous whether or not I could hold out. But I did and we had grilled pork chops with quinoa and broccoli. And if that wasn't enough I ended the night with a grumpy 40 minute walk. At this point of the night the no caffeine, no sugar, no yummy had kicked in. I'm proud to sad I made it through day one. Vance said he'd do this elimination diet with me, and made it all of 5 hours before being face deep in ice cream!!! Some buddy system.

After the walk I went straight to the shower and have planted my butt in the bed. I think I deserve that. :) I'll let you know the days continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment