Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Phase One, Day Two

Things got a little hectic this evening. A little panicky, if you will. But let me start from the beginning.

Breakfast consisted of the same as yesterday, banana with almond butter and a cup if unsweetened almond milk. Fulfilling enough, but starting to think my stomach doesn't care for the almond milk. I'll give it one more try tomorrow.

Lunch was leftovers from last night, the pork and quinoa. I chopped up the pork mixed it in the quinoa and added half an avocado. It was amazing, but it got the job done! I ended things with a bowl of strawberries and cantaloupe, yum!

For a snack I had a handful of rice chex mix. Apparently that wasn't enough because by the time I got home and started preparing dinner I started to get the shakes. I kept switching back and forth between feeling of utter starvation and wanting to puke. It was really weird. I finished cooking as fast as I could and scarfed it down when it was ready, two servings!!!!! Dinner was a ground beef patty seasoned with cumin, Brussels sprouts and rice. It was delicious, but then again I was starving!

I started to calm down a  little, but was still pretty shakey. And then, the craving hit! I needed something sweet or I was going to die! I immediately remembered the banana ice cream recipe I pinned on Pinterest and made a bee line for Target. I needed 4 bananas and a blender, STAT!

I ran back home, peeled and cut the bananas and threw them into the freezer, where they would sit and freeze for two hours. I decided to try and walk off the rest of my anxious jitters. I went for a 30 minute walk, came back and blended my frozen chopped up nanners into frozen perfection.

After all that, in spent! A hit shower and a chick flick is what's on the agenda. Day two was definitely not as easy as day one. The lack of caffeine is killing me and the sugar cravings are enough to make me want to jump off a bridge. Am I being too dramatic? Cause it doesn't feel like it.

Any suggestions on a healthy way to curb the cravings?

Until tomorrow,goodnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment