Monday, April 9, 2012

Distractions

Holidays are hard. If attempting to change your normal lifestyle wasn't difficult enough, add on top of it the everyday extra distractions that make good choices EVEN MORE DIFFICULT to make. Just this weekend alone I had more distractions that had me cheating on my healthy eating choices left and right. And left me feeling super deflated and thinking this goal of mine is NEVER going to happen. Saturday morning I had an early morning date with the Dyer's at the hospital. 7 am is very early for me, so I opted to pick up breakfast tacos for everyone and a small coke. Not really the breakfast of champions. Around Noon, the hospital decided to kick us out and send the Dyer's packing. I followed them home and picked up a quick lunch of chicken tenders. Another no-no! The remainder of the afternoon was spent snuggling little man and trying desperately to keep my eyes open. About 4:00pm I left for home and started baking for Easter Sunday. At 7:00pm we left for dinner with a couple of Vance's friend's at Baby A's. (Mexican food restaurant) I shared fajitas with Vance and finished the night with a cup of coffee. Sunday morning we headed over to my parents where I probably had the WORST day since my low-sodium diagnosis. With so much food and most if home made, it's almost impossible to track the sodium and even more impossible to control my desire to eat a little bit of everything. I'm quickly finding this whole journey to be even more difficult that I thought it was! A few photos from our Easter Sunday...

Egg Hunting!

One of the MANY temptations!
Pretty much sums up how I felt after my TERRIBLE eating choices!
So now I am reaching out into the blog-o-sphere, what do you guys do to stay on track during the day to day distractions?

No comments:

Post a Comment