Tuesday, April 10, 2012

What A Difference A Day Makes!

Feels like I've been whistling that song (in my head) all day long, so much so, I'm feeling a little Mr.Roger-ish. Then I slowly start to get creeped out because, well, as an adult, Mr. Rogers is more creepy than cool. Anyway, back to whistling dixie! Today was a great food day! And those, if you've been reading (PLEASE BE READING!) are very hard to come by. I had my usual english muffin egg sandwich with a little butter and jelly (my total GO TO breakfast meal) and even splurged on some Community Coffee last night at the grocery store. That for sure put a little pep in my step for the day. I headed back home for lunch. Lunch is always so hard! The only thing that keeps me from eating a healthy meal at dinner time is me cooking. But I feel like I don't have time to cook something for lunch. And the sodium really limits the usual quick fixes like sandwich and chips, soups and did I mention sandwiches????? So what was on today's menu, a taco bowl!!!! If you are thinking to yourself yum, well, hold that thought.. I browned some extra lean ground beef and seasoned with black pepper, cumin, garlic powder and a hint of chili powder for a teeny, tiny kick. To be completely honest, I didn't even miss the salt!!!!!! I scooped a cup full into my bowl, added a 1/4 cup of monterrey jack cheese (which I could definitely scale back on) and topped it all off with a tablespoon of sour cream. Okay, now you may YUM! It was so delicious and filling and totally stuck to my low sodium needs. I'm still having issues kicking my something sweet habit, so I ended my lunch with a cup of fresh strawberries and 2 tablespoons of Nutella (my new best friend)! Not to mention the icing on the cake that was my awesome lunch, I caught the last 20 minutes of "Save the Last Dance", totally toats my goats. :) A day like like, really makes me think this whole healthy eating is actually do-able. May not be in tip top shape, but we're getting there. I'm not 100% sure what all was involved with dinner as we dined with Vance's Grandmother at her retirement community, but I can't imagine the grilled chicken in a honey dijon sauce on a rice pilaf and steamed veggies was all that bad. And I will leave out the Apple Pecan pie a la mode. Work in progress my friends.

No walking on the agenda for tonight, but it's on the books for tomorrow. I actually have some late night work to attend to, but thought I would share my food day with you guys, aren't you glad!!!

What about you guys, any GO TO meals or great lunch ideas you'd like to share????

No comments:

Post a Comment