Monday, April 9, 2012

Small Victories

Today was pretty miserable. After lunch I was on a full on decline. I had ZERO energy to do anything, more less just keep my eyes open. I would have been more excited about the work day being over had I not already committed to going grocery shopping tonight. :( I picked up Vance and dragged my ass to the store, pouting the whole way. After about a filling our cart to the brim, we headed for the check out and I was ready for bed! I got home, unpacked groceries and resisted EVERY temptation in my body to change into pj's and climb into bed. Not only did I resist, I what you call rebelled against my fatigued, changed into workout clothes and went for a walk. Can you believe it!!! I'm not going to pretend this is the start of something big or a huge turning point, but I am going to celebrate the small victory, because I got off my lazy ass and did something, ANYTHING. It may have only been for a small period of time, but it was something and I'll take it. As much as I wanted to stop, I just kept looking up and saying, "Little bit further, Steph."  It was a pretty night for a walk and I will do my best to remember feeling accomplished tonight to motivate me to many more evening (or any time) walks. :)


Looking forward to shrinking this girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment